Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trip To Ulysses Kansas


I had to go to Ulysses Kansas for some business. I have never seen the plains, even though I lived in Kansas going on 2 years now. I have never seen anything so flat in my life as the 4 hours between Wichita and Ulysses. On the trip out there, I saw lots of nothingness and Co-op grain silos. We went through Greensburg, a town that a few years ago was completely wiped out by a massive night of tornadoes. They are still rebuilding the area. The plains were peaceful and calming, and was a beautiful site to see.

Ulysses was a town with a population of 5500 folks, and they had a nice town. We stayed at the Corporate West Hotel (equal to some of the 4 star hotels I have stayed at in terms of the quality of the rooms) and ate at Alejandros (a Mexican joint) and The Landmark (a good local place to get a taste of the plains, aka cow).

Below are some a shot or two of this strange strip along the side of the road of metal yard art (or something similar).



No comments: